Derry City v Sligo ROVERS

General Derry City talk & News. The heart of Derry City Chat.
eugenio
Manager
Manager

Re: Derry City v Sligo ROVERS

Post by eugenio »

brandyball wrote: Fri May 24, 2024 10:03 pm
eugenio wrote: Fri May 24, 2024 9:49 pm he got. Big point now proud of his players Sligo good side Couldn’t ask for more Players coming back A hard place to play yak yak yalk
Did you not watch 1st half? We were awful and Maher cost us 3 points.
Brandy was being sarcastic anticipating his post match comments v a Sligomsecond team Horror show first halfv

brandyball
Manager
Manager

Post by brandyball »

eugenio wrote: Fri May 24, 2024 11:57 pm
brandyball wrote: Fri May 24, 2024 10:03 pm
eugenio wrote: Fri May 24, 2024 9:49 pm he got. Big point now proud of his players Sligo good side Couldn’t ask for more Players coming back A hard place to play yak yak yalk
Did you not watch 1st half? We were awful and Maher cost us 3 points.
Brandy I was being sarcastic anticipating his remarks Certainly that first half reached a v new low against a Sligo second team
Oops Sorry! Think it's time for a change.

barry
First Team
First Team

Post by barry »

Worrying times considering our budget, playing squad and dwindling crowds.

- Our tactics and phases of play are predicable. Any half decent coach can sniffle these with a high press.

- We can't keep clean sheets

- lack of urgency and press in our team

- Diallo, our entire back 4 and Oreilly struggle to play a forward pass. There's too much "recycling" of the ball.

- 8 wins from 19 isn't league winning form nor nowhere near it

We are a shadow of the team we were with Rennie as a coach. We've missed the chance with him and Kenny signing elsewhere.

Marty
First Team
First Team

Post by Marty »

Correct Barry. It’s nothing but timewasting persisting with this.

I would be surprised if this isn’t the leagues worst performance in Europe this year.

marcoloco
Manager
Manager

Post by marcoloco »

Not too long now left to wait…

Keyser Soze
Manager
Manager

Post by Keyser Soze »

That 1st half was the worst football I have seen a Derry team play in many years.

It was truly awful stuff.

The attendances are dropping off now, and it's very noticeable. The fans are voting with their feet, and the casual fan is now bored. The buzz has gone and if this rubbish continues we will soon be down at the 1500 hard-core fan base.

I personally don't think the manager is capable of playing better football. Yes we are still near the top of the table, but the standard of the league is shocking this year, and any fan who says we are making progress is delusional. What's being served up is dire stuff, considering what this team is costing, and the wages being paid out.

brandyball
Manager
Manager

Post by brandyball »

Given the fact that the Club have a grand plan to Finish The Mark Farren Stand and build 2 more stands yet Crowds are declining 5-6 hundred per home game , you'd think alarm bells would ring in The Board Room and make them realise we're not improving under the current manager.

marcoloco
Manager
Manager

Post by marcoloco »

brandyball wrote: Sat May 25, 2024 12:37 pm Given the fact that the Club have a grand plan to Finish The Mark Farren Stand and build 2 more stands yet Crowds are declining 5-6 hundred per home game , you'd think alarm bells would ring in The Board Room and make them realise we're not improving under the current manager.

Keyser Soze
Manager
Manager

Post by Keyser Soze »

marcoloco wrote: Sat May 25, 2024 2:54 pm
brandyball wrote: Sat May 25, 2024 12:37 pm Given the fact that the Club have a grand plan to Finish The Mark Farren Stand and build 2 more stands yet Crowds are declining 5-6 hundred per home game , you'd think alarm bells would ring in The Board Room and make them realise we're not improving under the current manager.
Meaning?

brandyball
Manager
Manager

Post by brandyball »

Surprised no-one mentioned so far, referee was Shocking!

Keyser Soze
Manager
Manager

Post by Keyser Soze »

brandyball wrote: Sat May 25, 2024 3:53 pm Surprised no-one mentioned so far, referee was Shocking!
He wasn't good, but some fans seem to be blaming refs for our pitiful performances.

marcoloco
Manager
Manager

Post by marcoloco »

Keyser Soze wrote: Sat May 25, 2024 3:41 pm
marcoloco wrote: Sat May 25, 2024 2:54 pm
Meaning?
Before we see a change. 3 yr project running its course.

brandyball
Manager
Manager

Post by brandyball »

Keyser Soze wrote: Sat May 25, 2024 4:40 pm
brandyball wrote: Sat May 25, 2024 3:53 pm Surprised no-one mentioned so far, referee was Shocking!
He wasn't good, but some fans seem to be blaming refs for our pitiful performances.
Reynolds shudda got straight red for " tackle" on Patching, Sligo player kicks ball away after free kick against them, ref talks to him but nit booked, McGinty spent whole game only booked near end of game, then wasted time again afterwards. Standard of the officials are poor. They've a nerve looking for more money!!

eugenio
Manager
Manager

Post by eugenio »

For those of you like me “bemused “ a very gentle word for bored solid by the possession game so beloved and unproductive 4 goals over the past day stand out. One a super EARLY long ball by Donnican to Duffy, great in one v one is. In NEXT. Fats hits a mighty 50 yarder to Mc Mullan ALSO, v v gpod 1 v 1 he’s in .
Today the Man CITY pass pass machine was hit by two beautiful long balls 2 from Man U two great,goals. Maybe there’s more to,football to day than the possession game But maybe I’m a dinosaur. Btw 4 major goals this week also down to wretched goalkeeper so called “distribution “. I loved it it was football as I knew it. Thrills excitement. Through goals

Annasda

Post by Annasda »

A wee reality check if I may. I and lots of other DC supporters work where we must demonstrate productivity for at least 37.5 hours per week. We know what might happen otherwise. Why then is it that we have so called professional footballers for DC who cant even do that publically for 90 mins in a week ( Odd time 3hrs per week). Oh what I would have given to be a professional footballer in my younger life. Get a grip lads put in a proper honest shift.